The following protocols describe standard processing performed in the Specimen Bank. Each protocol notes variations that can be made for a particular study’s SOP (standard operating procedure).
- Plasma Processing
- Serum Processing
- Buffy Coats
- DNA from primary samples
- Microbial Isolates
- Hettich temperature-controlled centrifuge for spins from -20*C to 42*C.
- Zebra 4M+ barcode printers for label printing.
- -20*C and -80*C freezers, and 4*C refrigerators for sample storage, all with 24×7 monitoring, backup temperature and alarm systems.
- Bead beater
- Qiagen Symphony and BioRobot high-throughput DNA extractors
- 37*C CO2 and non-CO2 incubators.
- Anaerobic hood and canister systems.