The following protocols describe standard processing performed in the Specimen Bank. Each protocol notes variations that can be made for a particular study’s SOP (standard operating procedure).
- Serum Processing
- Plasma Processing
- Buffy Coats
- DNA from Primary Samples
- Microbial Isolates
- Hettich temperature-controlled centrifuge for spins form -20C to 42C.
- Zebra 4M+ barcode printers for label printing.
- -20C and -80C freezers, and 4C refrigerators for sample storage, all with 24×7 monitoring, backup temperature and alarm systems.
- Bead beater
- Qiagen Symphony and BioRobot high-throughput DNA extractors
- 37C CO2 and non-CO2 incubators
- Anaerobic hood and canister systems